Australia celebrated Father’s Day today so Jim got to double-dip on this holiday! We did all the things he likes to do and I didn’t make him pay for any meals! Today is also considered the first day of Spring here in Aussie-land! I guess things like the vernal equinox don’t matter down here.
Here is a different format for the blog. I am going to list all the things we did today and then once again all the photos will be at then end.
* Got up to a beautiful sunrise
* Brekky at a bake shop in Becheno
* Drove to Freycinet National Park
* Hiked to Wineglass Bay beach and to the far end of the beach
* Swam in the very cold Wineglass Bay!
* Rinsed off the very cold salt water in a very cold creek coming into the ocean
* Saw a seal fishing close to shore in the bay
* Hiked back to the car where we found Rog, the resident car park wallaby!
* Drove to Ironhorse brewery for appetizers and to sample some of their beer. Jim was finally able to get some mussels after 2 previous attempts to order them off the menu and being told they were not available!
* Drove to Bay of Fires National Park and walked/played on beaches and climbed on lots of rocks.
* Saw lots of crashing waves.
* Drove through the “Impossibly Green” Pyengana Valley and it was!
* Stopped at the Pyengana Dairy for cheese tasting and buying and ice cream cones!
* Singing along in the car to Madonna songs!
* Onto our accommodations, Anabels, in Scottsdale, TAS.
* Dinner at a local pub with the locals. Dinner included 5 veggies! Even lost a few dollars at the pokies (slot machines)
So that was our day with no real details. I am really tired and need to finish this and get a good night’s sleep. I have been pleasantly surprised to find Internet the last 2 nights and tonight I can sit in our rooms and do this instead of outside of the reception building!
Tomorrow we head inland to Cradle Mountain National Park. Internet may be scarce because this is a fairly remote area.